Welcome to the Adams House
Adams House Bed and Breakfast is located in historic and central Hyde Park. This Austin Bed and Breakfast was built in 1911 as a one-story, L-shaped bungalow which was later purchased by Mr. and Mrs. W.T. Adams and elevated to a two-story colonial revival home. Adams House was later renovated by a historic preservation architect who restored the original pine floors, sash windows, slate flooring and twelve-foot ceilings. Sidney Lock purchased the property in 1997 and converted it to a Bed and Breakfast at that time. In 2010 we were granted our Austin Historic Landmark status.
Breakfast is served during the week (M-F) between 7:30-9:00am. Menu consists of homemade granola, fresh fruit, yogurt, home-baked muffins or breads, an egg dish, juice, coffee, and tea. Breakfast is served on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) at 9:00am.
We are here to help our guests during their stay. Our on-site Innkeepers, Josh and Whitney, are happy to help you if you need anything while you are at the Adams House. We also have daily breakfast and housekeeping staff who are knowledgeable about Austin and can answer questions you may have or assistance you may need such as luggage storage, transportation, or additional supplies for your room. Feel free to contact us before you check-in with any special requests you may have and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
- Top 8 on Bedandbreakfast.com’s National breakfast contest
- The Austin Chronicle, Best of Austin 2014, Best Bed & Breakfast
- The Austin Chronicle, Best of Austin 2013, Best Bed & Breakfast
- The Austin Chronicle, Best of Austin 2012, Best Bed & Breakfast
- Austin Historic Landmark, 2010
- TXT Round Up Awards, 2006, Best Bed & Breakfast
- The Austin Chronicle, Best of Austin 2000, Best Historic Bed & Breakfast
- The Heritage Society of Austin, 1997, The Historic Preservation Award